Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician objective is to test the product for its intended use and make sure it is capable of performing up to Heatec and Customer specifications. Most importantly has the authority to accept or reject the product as necessary.
- Must be able to clearly document problem issues and have changes made before proceeding to other areas of manufacturing.
- Some control testing is required during stages of assembly and must be verified before moving further.
- Being a good communicator is a crucial part of a Technicians duties and responsibilities for both management and the worker.
- Understanding ASME Standards and sound workmanship requirements must be understood and visually verified on a routine basis.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications and communicating required adjustments to supervision. (visually inspect welding process)
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications and returning products for re-work when necessary.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; fillet gauges, micrometer and other measuring equipment.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Individual must be familiar with computer programs such as the Microsoft Suite products and able to access time for jobs and attendance using Visual Manufacturing.
This position requires five year Code Welder ASME experience. A High School Diploma or GED required.
Core Competencies Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external. Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
HEATEC, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and An Equal Opportunity Employerrecblid 74d5kf6qeteijp1jtimzqcwlj9ovkg
Associated topics: audio, av technician, grip, sound editor, tech, technician, teleprompter, tv, video, voip